Hello everyone! This post is about our visit to Ferrari World and our stay in Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.
For a long time we have been dreaming to visit Ferrari World, which is situated in the Yas Island, Abu Dhabi. That is why we decided that we are too lazy to come here from Abu Dhabi (app. 15 min) and decided to stay in the Yas Viceroy hotel (the only one 5-star hotel on the island) which is just next to Ferrari World.
Yas island holds not only Ferrari World, newly built Yas Waterworld, the Yas Marina Circuit, which hosts the Formula 1TM Abu Dhabi Grand Prix since 2009. Yas Marina Circuit is considered, by the way, one of the most technologically advanced circuits in the world. The heart-pumping races of Formula 1TM cars rush past and under the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi hotel. There was no race during the time of our stay, but it was very nice to have Formula 1TM race tracks view outside the window of your room.
We loved Yas Viceroy hotel from the minute we saw its pictures on line. But when we arrived we could tell that it has definitely the highest level of service, huge number of dining choices, unusual roof-top cafe and swimming pool, luxurious SPA, best design decisions and very comfortable location. Moreover it was not overcrowded at all, as I would be during Formula 1TM race events.
So if you are in Abu Dhabi and have urge-for-splurge mood, you should definitely consider this very hotel.
Over excited with our Yas Viceroy hotel we arrived in Ferrari World park around 3 pm. We were absolutely sure the rest of the time (5 more hours till the park closes at 8 pm) would be enough to try everything and see everything. But we couldn't imagine how enormous the park is, the number of attractions and the length of the queues for main attractions. All in all, we spent in the park the rest of the day and left it after its closing time.
So my tip for those who want to visit Ferrari World: try to visit it on week days (we came on Sunday and the park was overcrowded) and try to come as early as possible (11 am is opening time). Believe me, it is better to leave early if you are done earlier, than to have the feeling that you have missed something.
So during 5 hours we had time only for 6 main attractions (out of 21 available in the park). The queues for each attraction are very time consuming and time killing. For example, for attraction called Formula Rossa (the fastest roller coaster in the world. It accelerates from a stand still to 240km per hour in less than 5 seconds) we have been waiting in the queue almost for two hours. But the adrenaline of the ride eliminated the tiring time spent in the queue. Formula Rossa was without any doubt worth waiting.
Here are top 5 ranked high speed coasters in the world.
1. Formula Rossa in Ferrari World (Abu Dhabi – UAE) – 240km/h
2. Kingda Ka in Six Flags Great Adventure(New Jersey – USA) – 206km/h
3. Top Thrill Dragster in Cedar Point (Ohio – USA)– 193km/h
4. Dodonpa in Fuji-Q Highland (Yamanashi – Japan) – 172km/h
5. Superman the Escape in Six Flags Magic Mountain (California– USA)– 161km/h
For another attraction G-Force (to be launched 62m into the sky on the highest construction ever built on Yas island) we have been waiting for two hours.
So it is up to you how you want to allocate and save your time.
Another tip for saving time: one can buy Premium Pass (+ AED 100 to ordinary Pass) that allows him access to the premium entrances of Rides and Attractions with a shorter wait time. But even Premium Pass holders have their queues, so one will save some time, but it does not mean that there won't be any queues for Premium Pass holders.
Anyway, no matter how many attraction you will experience, you will have so much fun in the park, you will enjoy yourself for sure and take home from this amusement park so many warm memories.
I hope you liked our photos, taken in Ferrari World. For those who decide to come here I gathered some tips:
- One can buy Yas Park Pass, one special priced combo ticket (one-day, two-day, annual pass) for visiting Ferrari World Abu Dhabi and capital's largest waterpark at Yas Waterworld;
- as the opening hour is 11am, one should have breakfast in the city, though lunch and dinner options (six of them) are very nice inside the park;
- the park is a family friendly place, there are baby changing rooms, stroller rentals and family rest rooms;
- the park is also handicap friendly;
- some of the attractions are extra paid, so prepare to pay more;
- inside the park, you will be given PARK MAP, which is really useful, taking into account, its size. The list of the attractions is organized from A to U, so if you do not know which one to try first just follow the list, as the most interesting attractions are put at the top of the list.